Join us in holding space to tell abortion stories and make collective dua.
The space is held at 8pm BST, 3pm EST, 12pm PT.
We ask that you consider your own safety before joining this space and any risks that might make entering this space unsafe for you. Please only join if you are Muslim and have lived experience of abortion.
1. We are kind and respectful
2. We are intentional with our words and our apologies
3. We meet people where they are, not where we want them to be
4. We do not tone police individual experiences of abortion and Islam
5. We use expansive language when talking about abortion and Islam as a whole. We recognise that people of all genders have abortions. We recognise that Muslims of all descriptions have abortions.
Ad’iyah aims to centre and uplift the voices of those commonly erased from both abortion spaces and contemporary practices of Islam. This includes but is not limitied to folk who are: Black, Indigenous, Global Majority, from underrepresented practices of Islam, women, gender-non conforming, and disabled.
Ad’iyah acknowledges that harm can and is caused in many different ways and that within oppressive structures, it is impossible to guarantee 100% spaces Our spaces are therefore committed to being as safe as possible. We will take the necessary measures to ensure this safety. We follow our community commitment guidelines and ask our participants to do the same when sharing our spaces. Any hateful or violent language will not be tolerated. This includes but is not limited to: racism, sexism, misogyny, LGBT+phobia, ableism, classism.
More upcoming events
02/24/24 – 02/24/24 Miftaah Institute
02/24/24 – 02/24/24 Everlasting Adventures UK
02/24/24 – 02/25/24 Ebrahim College is a London based Muslim seminary