Organizing Institution: Inspirited Minds
Contact email: [email protected]
Start Date: July 23, 2022 (11:00)
End Date: July 24, 2022 (13:00 BST)
This is a 2-part webinar on Addictions within Muslim Communities. This series takes place for 4 hours across 2 days.
“Say, ‘[God says], My servants who have harmed yourselves by your own excess, do not despair of God’s mercy. God forgives all sins: He is truly the Most Forgiving, the Most Merciful.” [Qur’an 39:53]
How inspiring is it that a community who dealt with a form of addiction – after overcoming it – became the best society to walk the face of this earth? Functioning with divine guidance, the Prophet ﷺ employed a strategy that mirrors modern-day techniques used in therapy when dealing with addictions. The community of the Prophet ﷺ was one that accommodated for gradualism, giving room for people to make mistakes but to also overcome them and aspire to be better.
As Muslims, it is important to offer the same accommodation to those around us. By attending this webinar, you will be contributing towards the mission of improving the mental health and wellbeing of the Ummah, In Shaa Allah! You will also receive a certificate of attendance.
Dates and Times:
- Part 1: Saturday, 23th July, 11am-1pm
- Part 2: Sunday, 24th July, 11am-1pm
By attending Part 1 and Part 2 of this webinar, you will learn about:
- The types, signs and symptoms of addictions
- Misconceptions surrounding addictions
- Qur’anic and Prophetic guidance on dealing with addictions
- The vicious cycle of stigma and the necessity of empathy
- Personal anonymous accounts from those dealing with addictions
- The 12 step process of overcoming addictions from an Islamic perspective.
Due to the sensitive nature of the topic and the discussion of potentially triggering topics, we recommend individuals to only attend if they feel safe and well enough. Please note that we aim to have a member of our qualified support team present whom you will be able to contact via the chat box should you need any support during the webinars, however this is subject to their availability.
Important things to note before the sessions:
- Please arrive at least 5 minutes prior to 11am GMT as we aim to have a prompt start.
- This webinar has 2 parts and places are non-refundable, so please check that you can attend both sessions in advance of booking.
- We highly encourage participants to attend both sessions and participate in as many discussions as possible in order to reap the full benefits of the webinar.
- We are unfortunately **unable to provide partial refunds** in the event of participants missing one of the two sessions.
- If you cannot afford a place on the webinar but would like to attend, please email [email protected] so that we can offer a concession rate. Please be assured that this will remain anonymous to the workshop facilitator and will be handled with privacy.
- The webinar sessions will take place via Zoom. Some interactions will be required via Slido so please have a smart phone or device handy, and Zoom chat box, should you wish to participate.
- The Zoom link will be sent both 1 hour before and 10 minutes before each session. Please ensure you check your junk mail to ensure you do not miss this.
- The training will be recorded for internal training purposes only and will not be made available to attendees.
- We require the feedback form to be completed by all participants on both days in order to receive the slides and your respective certificate of attendance.
- For any further questions or information, please email [email protected]