Organizing Institution: Jannah Institute
Contact email: [email protected]
Start Date: June 17, 2023 (10:00am)
End Date: June 18, 2023 (1:00pm PST)
Taqwa is usually translated as being conscious of Allah ﷻ, or being aware that Allah ﷻ is listening when we are talking, that He ﷻ is seeing whatever we are doing, and that He is hearing our requests, prayers, du’as, and everything we say, think and do.
Taqwa is also a shield which protects us from the outside world, and protects the world from anything evil me may do. The stronger our taqwa is, the stronger our shield is. The stronger this shield is, the weaker the Shaytaan’s affect is on us. The weaker Shaytaan’s affect is on us, the stronger we are in our connection to Allah ﷻ.
Taqwa is also described as one of the reasons to enter Jannah, as the Prophet ﷺ was asked about that for which people are admitted into Paradise the most, so he said: “Taqwa of Allah, and good character.” (At-Tirmidhi, 2004)
In the upcoming course “Always with Him,” we will learn more about:
- What does the word Taqwa mean linguistically, and through the prism of the Qur’an and Sunnah?
- What can we learn from examples of Taqwa in the life of the previous pious generations?
- Can I be a person of Taqwa in this time and age?
- Can we have Taqwa in both the times when everything is going well in our lives, as well as when we are going through hardships?
- How can Taqwa make me a better human being and a better servant of Allah ﷻ?
- What are the practical steps I can take to increase Taqwa in my life?
Dr. Sh. Haifaa Younis
10:00 AM-1:00 PM PST
One Weekend (3 hours a day)
June 17 & 18, 2023
This class will be conducted live on Zoom. Classroom will be located on jannahinstitute.org.