- For decades Canadian Muslim organizations, who are providing social and mental health services to Muslim community, have been raising red flags over the lack of a cohesive, professionally researched, collaborative national strategy, to establish an Institute For Muslim Mental Health (Centre of Excellence & wellness)– A hub of knowledge, Research, Best practices, Spiritually infused and Culturally literate, Therapeutic programing and trainings.
- Canadian Muslims are struggling with War trauma, Diaspora stress, Racism, Religious bigotry, Islamophobia based hate speech, After effects of Hate Crimes, Gendered and Racial violence, Emotional trauma, Vicarious trauma, Social isolation, Family well being, Addictions, Domestic abuse, Youth alienation, At risk behaviour, Discrimination, Damaged sense of belonging and Trust deficit within the Political/Social & Public service sectors, and growing Legal challenges to Religious rights.
FOUNDERS CONFERENCE along with keynotes will be conducted in Conversations cafe format to assure maximum and diverse input.
- If you wish to present a paper or lead a conversation on above mentioned issues, please contact Shahina Siddiqui at +1204 994 1560 or email [email protected]
- Presenter information (name, credentials, institutional affiliation, 75-word biography and contact information)
- 3 learning objectives
- 50-word Descriptor
- 250 Word Abstract
- Target Audience: Social Workers, Psychiatrists, Mental Health professionals, Practitioners etc.
- 15-minute presentation
Conference Registration Package Includes:
- Single occupancy $450 – 2 nights, 2 breakfast and 2 lunches
- Double occupancy $300 (Each) – 2 nights, 2 breakfast and 2 lunches
- Local $200 – 2 breakfasts and 2 lunches