Organizing Institution: EnviroMuslims
Contact email: [email protected]
Start Date: October 29, 2022 (1:00pm)
End Date: October 29, 2022 (3:00pm EST)
Argentia Storm Water Management Pond – Mississauga – Canada
Since EnviroMuslims started our community work, we’ve helped plant over 800 trees throughout the City of Mississauga as part of the City’s One Million Trees initiative. This year we are at the stormwater management ponds in Ward 9.
Date: Saturday, October 29, 2022
Location: Argentia Storm Water Management Pond – Beside 3455 Argentia Rd
Time: 1:00 PM -3:00 PM
EnviroMuslims contact: Saida Mohamed – 416-858-9134 (please call if you have any questions or have trouble finding the site on the day of the event)
Event Tips for Volunteers
Wear comfortable clothing that you don’t mind getting dirty. Some event sites can be muddy.
You must wear closed-toe shoes to participate.
Bring water in a reusable container you can take home with you. Help make this a litterless event!
Remember to wear sunscreen.
Gloves and shovels are provided.
1. Wear proper footwear – You must wear sturdy footwear with closed toes for volunteer safety. CSA-approved safety boots are best, but running shoes and other boots are accepted. Volunteers not wearing closed-toe shoes will not be able to participate….No sandals or flats, please. 2. Dress for the weather – Events will happen “rain or shine” (cancelled only if thunder/lightning), so wear weather-appropriate clothing. Wear layers to be able to add or remove clothes depending on the weather.
3. Insects – You will work in and around natural areas and can come in contact with insects such as bees, wasps or ticks. If you have insect allergies, please notify the event leader when you arrive at your event. Light-coloured clothing and long pants tucked into your socks will help prevent contact with insects. To read more information about Lyme disease in Peel Region, visit the Peel Public Health link here: https://www.peelregion.ca/health/vbd/lyme/prevention.htm
4. Be sun smart and stay hydrated – We recommend a hat, sunscreen, long sleeves, long pants and a refillable bottle of water. You will be doing physical work and will need to stay hydrated. The City will have water available for refills.
5. Dust/Mould – Volunteer activities involve the use of wood chips which are often dusty and can contain mould. Similar to ragweed, dust and mould can be potential allergens even though found naturally in the environment. If you have asthma, allergies, or respiratory problems and would like the use of a mask, please request one from the event organizer when you arrive.
6. Gloves/Water – Participants are to bring their gloves (pref. gardening gloves) and drinking water.
7. COVID-19 – We encourage participants to continue wearing masks when physical distancing is impossible.
All stewardship events are held rain or shine. Drizzle or moderate rain is acceptable. Thunder, lightning and/or heavy downpour caused to cancellation of the event. The City event organizer and your group contact person will determine this on the day of the event.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Canadian Muslims striving for environmental stewardship, conservation, & sustainability
E: [email protected]
W: www.facebook.com/EnviroMuslims | www.twitter.com/EnviroMuslims | www.instagram.com/enviromuslimscanada
Argentia Storm Water Management Pond
3455 Argentia Rd
Mississauga , Ontario L5N 3W7 Canada
+ Google Map