For parents raising young people aged 12-18+
£120 per participant
Tuesday 11th Jan – 8th March 2022
(No session during Feb half-term)
(20% spouse/Additional friend discount available)
About the course:
Parenting teens is often a challenge. Raging hormones affect moods, emotions, and impulses, and the pressures of the peer group magnify. Many parents struggle to connect during this turbulent time and teens lose their sense of security and look for belonging elsewhere. For many families, the struggles have heightened as we have been under lockdown and with much uncertainty, which impacts on wellbeing in different ways for both parents and young people.
When we understand our relationships with ourselves and our teens we can begin to know ourselves to much greater depths. In improving these relationships we dramatically improve the quality of our family life and wellbeing.
The course includes:
- Understanding the teen brain and behavior
- The power of narratives
- Freedom vs responsibility and accountability
- How to deal with guilt and self-doubt
- Understanding how physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual well-being work together – particularly in the current situation of uncertainty
- Awareness of social contexts and setting/maintaining boundaries
- Power and justice in relationships