Organizing Institution: UMMA
Contact email: [email protected]
Start Date: May 30, 2023 (7:00pm)
End Date: May 30, 2023 (9:30pm EDT)
Cost: From $97.50
31333 Southfield Road – Beverly Hills – Michigan – United States
Weekly Tuesdays | May 30th through September 5th | 7-9:30pm
Taught by Shaykh Hasib Noor
31333 Southfield Rd. Beverly Hills, MI 48025
What you will learn in this course:
- Purification, Prayer, Fasting, Zakat, & Hajj
- Why do we study Fiqh? The Importance of Fiqh
- The Objectives of Fiqh
- Brief Overview of the Development of Fiqh. The importance, uniqueness, and validity of the Schools of Fiqh: Imam Abu Hanifah, Imam Malik, Imam Al Shafi’I, Imam Ahmad, and others رحمهم الله
- Differences of Opinion: What is valid and invalid?
- Respecting differences in navigating our own practice.
- Navigating Madhabs, Fatwa, and Judicial Matters
- Answering – “Do I have to follow a school? Can’t I just follow the Quran and Sunnah? Can we pick opinions from the different schools of fiqh? Etc.”
- True Fiqh vs Legality (Fiqh): An Overview of Fiqh and the Inner Meanings of Fiqh
- Introduction to Imam Ahmad رحمه الله and the Hanbali Madhab
- Purification of Soul and Heart
- The Path: Duties – God, Self, and Others (family, friends, and society)
- Fiqh alongside Spiritual Elements
- Stages of Development of Prayer in the Life of the Prophet Muhammad ﷺ
- Contemporary issues will be discussed when applicable
- Access to ask open Q&A
About the Instructor:
Shaykh Hasib Noor is the Founder, President, and teaches with The Legacy Institute, an education & research institution for Islamic studies. He is among the founders of Faith Global, a global Muslim platform for creating community spaces that provides welcoming spaces for connecting with relevant Islam & practical spirituality. Faith community spaces have been founded in London, Austin, Ottawa, New York City, & San Diego.
He hails from Afghan heritage, grew up in the US and studied at the College of Islamic Law in the University of Madinah. He pursued his studies in the City of the Prophet (peace be upon him) for over a decade under the tutelage of over 50 scholars specializing in Fiqh, Fatwa, Hadith, Tafsir, History, Sirah and the Islamic Sciences.
He has affiliation with the Center for Historical Studies of Madinah, and is part of Taybah Research, The Society of Archaeology and Historical Sites of Madinah and serves as an Educational Consultant & Resident Scholar.
31333 Southfield Road
31333 Southfield Road
Beverly Hills , Michigan 48025 United States
+ Google Map