In The Path of Islam is a celebration of Philadelphia’s Muslim community members. The project highlights the diverse voices of Philadelphia’s indigenous Muslim community while engaging all Philadelphians with a cultural, religious, or intellectual interest in Islam or in books made in the Muslim World.
Check our website for upcoming events which will include:
- Fun programs for all ages at local community libraries, such as calligraphy classes and a collaborative installation art project.
- A world-class, community member curated exhibition, featuring one-of-a-kind artifacts made in Muslim lands and ephemera. The exhibition will also travel to local libraries and masjid.
- A robust, in-person, and live streaming lecture series addressing the history of the indigenous Philadelphia Muslim community.
- Interactive cooking demonstrations exploring the indigenous Muslim cuisine, food preparation, and its rich history.
- A circulating hands-on traveling trunk consisting of objects school-aged children can touch and hold.
- The Philadelphia Muslim Oral History Project. A podcast featuring personal stories of Philadelphia Muslim community members never before shared.
- Business Day: presentations on the Free Library of Philadelphia resources available to Philadelphians interested in Trademarks, writing business plans, starting a business, legal assistance, and much more.
- Online Arabic conversational classes.
To learn more and get involved contact us at [email protected].