What is the short course about?
It is intended to be a how to, on getting what you need, avoiding what you fear and being satisfied with what you got. Evidences will be empirical, anecdotal and traditional with a strong focus on the Islāmic legacy as found in its authentic sources and the works of the `Ulamā’ [scholars of Islām]. As such the aims to both provide the goal of marriage as understood by the Islamic legacy and show the practical path leading to it as practised by Muslims in the know since time immemorial.
What are the topics and contents?
- The Nature and Source of Love
- Building Connection
- Fighting Negativeness
- Negotiating Rough Waters
The particular focus of this seminar is on:
- Preparing the uninitiated for the realities of marriage
- Learning how to enhance one’s love-maps and overall experience of marriage
- Avoiding common pitfalls that cause marital distress and breakup
- Helping those who have suffered marital breakups to pick up the pieces and move on with their lives.
Who should attend?
- Suitable for anyone who has an interest in learning more about marriage and associated issues
- Marriage counsellors
- Those on the verge of marriage will certainly find it helpful in learning how to enhance and grow existent love in the marital phase and protect against unnecessary marital grief and even breakup.
- Those currently suffering marital distress will find effective solutions to their issues and those on the brink of marital breakup, will learn how to reverse its vicious downturn.
- Those who have suffered marital breakup and now want to move forward will find the answers they seek and help on the path to recovery.
Moulana Muaadth Allie is the Director and founder of The Sakinah Foundation, Co-Imam at the Castle Town Road Masjid, Part time lecturer at various institutions around Cape Town, Graduate of Darul Ulum Newcastle (KZN). Resident teacher at Cape Town Muslim Events / The Knowledge Zone. Teacher and Marriage counselor since 1998.
- Platform: Zoom Meeting
- Sessions are recorded to view after up to 1 month
Monday evenings for 4 weeks
Starting 28th November 2022
7pm to 9pm
Investment: Once off R590 per device