Organizing Institution: MCEC - Palmers Green Mosque
Contact email: [email protected]
Start Date: February 6, 2022 (13:30 GMT)
End Date: February 6, 2022
MCEC - Palmers Green Mosque – Palmers Green – United States
- Those who wish to join the course of Islamic Ethics Knowledge seekers and anyone interested in Islamic studies.
- Acquire knowledge and develop an understanding of the diseases of the heart, examine their causes, their signs and symptoms, and how to treat them.
The Learning Outcomes:
- The meaning of Islamic ethics and its role and terms
- The diseases of the heart, examine their causes and their signs
- Purification of the Hearts
The Learning Activities will include:
- Engaging in workshops
- The main resource for all aspects of the course are handouts, which will be given.
End of the course:
- Certificate of completion of the course provides evidence for the basic knowledge of Islamic Ethics. It supports advanced other Islamic Ethics courses
Introduction to ethics in Islam
1. Definitions of ethics
2. The status of ethics in Islam
3. The role of ethics in Islam
4. Ethics relationship with the creed
5. Ethics relationship with fiqh
6. Ethics relationship with pillars of Islam
Signs, Symptoms, and Cures of the Spiritual Diseases of the Heart
The most important and prominent diseases and the outcomes of decline or absence of ethics in individuals and society
Purification of the Hearts and Self-Purification (tazkiyat al-nafs)
The root vices that demand purification begin with gluttony, excess in sexual desire, desire for excessive speech, strong anger, envy, rancor, love of the world, love of wealth, miserliness, love of influence, ostentation, pride, conceit, and delusion.
The love of the reprehensible world (al-dunya almadhmumah). The disease of ostentation (riya’), pride (kibr) and conceit (`ujb). Delusions (ghurur). These distructive maladies (muhlikat).
The Merit of Good Character/ The Demerit of Bad Character and The Reality of Good Manners
1. The most important and prominent ethics
2. The origins for ethics in Islam
3. The issue of cultural relativism
4. How to find the right sheikh or spiritual guide?
MCEC - Palmers Green Mosque
30 Oakthorpe Road
Palmers Green , --- N13 5JL United States
+ Google Map