10 week course on the rules of Prayer in Islam taught by Shaykha Noshin Gul. Ladies only. Limited places available.
Prayer, or Salah as it is called in Arabic, is the means for human beings to communicate with Allah Almighty. It is, in the words of the Prophet (peace be upon him), what distinguishes a believer from a non-believer. In fact, the importance of the 5 daily prayers can be understood from the Prophet’s (peace be upon him) saying: “The prayer is the coolness of my eye.”
The question you should ask yourself is, am I praying correctly? The Prophet, (peace be upon him) instructed us to pray just as he did. So how did he pray exactly? What if I’m running late for something; can I delay the prayer? How do I make up years of missed prayers?
This intensive and detailed unit will answer these very questions and much more. This unit has been designed to enlighten you and teach you about the outer rulings of prayers and its inner spiritual meanings so that you can pray to Allah with both body and heart.
- Understanding the significance of prayer.
- Understanding how prayer is affected by extenuating circumstances.
- Understanding the spiritual implications of prayer.
- Understanding the detailed legal rules of prayer.
What will I learn?
You will learn about:
- Who is required to pray? When? How many times a day?
- The key components of prayer, its etiquettes, and method based on the Quran and Hadith.
- What nullifies the prayer and what does not
- The pre-requisites of prayer.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this seminar, you should be able to:
- Describe the Prophetic method of praying.
- Evaluate the underlying reasons for some differences regarding the method of prayer.
- Explain how to make up missed prayers.
- Explain a variety of other issues related to prayer.
Limited Places | Ladies Only
This is an adult only attendance course, unfortunately, we do not have any creche facilities on-site, therefore no children are permitted to attend.