Organizing Institution: Inspirited Minds
Contact email: [email protected]
Start Date: May 21, 2022 (13:00)
End Date: May 22, 2022 (15:00 +03)
This is a 2-part webinar series on Loneliness within Muslim Communities. This series takes place for 4 hours across 2 days.
“The Believers, men, and women are protectors one of another: they enjoin what is just, and forbid what is evil: they observe regular prayers, practise regular charity, and obey Allah and His Messenger. On them will Allah pour His mercy: for Allah is Exalted in power, Wise.” [Qur’an 9:71]
Loneliness has a significant impact on mental health and wellbeing. Experiencing mental health issues is already an isolating experience, so to feel as though you have no support network can make the world feel bigger and emptier.
This impact may be amplified when you are new to a community, or feel invalidated or unacknowledged by those around you. Feeling alone can lead to many negative patterns of behaviour which can escalate and become very problematic. However, Islam is a collectivist religious and we should pride ourselves on how we, as an Ummah (community), are like one body.
It is therefore our collective social responsibility to understand how to help ourselves when we feel loneliness, and also help those around us who may be experiencing loneliness. By attending this webinar, you will be contributing towards the mission of improving the mental health and wellbeing of the Ummah, In Shaa Allah! You will also receive a certificate of attendance.
You will also receive a certificate of attendance.
Dates and Times:
- Part 1: Saturday, 21st May, 11am-1pm
- Part 2: Sunday, 22nd May, 11am-1pm
By attending Part 1 and Part 2 of this webinar, you will learn about:
- The different between loneliness and social isolation, what can lead to loneliness, and Prophetic examples of both.
- What Islam says about loneliness and isolation, it’s advantages and disadvantages, and how to combat such issues.
- Identify unhelpful coping mechanisms for loneliness and more helpful ones.
- Practical and spiritual advice on how to better mental health and wellbeing, and where to obtain additional support or information.