Organizing Institution: Duke University
Start Date: October 26, 2021 (7:00pm)
End Date: October 26, 2021 (9:00pm +03)
– California – United States
This online discussion among scientists and scholars from Jewish, Christian, and Muslim faith traditions explores the different ways that faith and science have worked together and in tension.
The panelists are:
* Sonia Laurie, an immunologist and post-doctoral fellow at UNC-Chapel Hill
* Steffen Bass, an Arts and Sciences Distinguished Professor of Physics at Duke
* Ehsan Samei, a medical physicist and professor of radiology at Duke
* Robert Rutledge, a geneticist and Catholic priest
The conversation will be moderated by Mustafa Tuna, an associate professor of history and Slavic and Eurasian studies at Duke.
The event is co-sponsored by Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, Judea Reform, Duke’s Center for Muslim Life, and Duke Chapel.