Organizing Institution: Cape Town Muslim Events
Contact email: [email protected]
Start Date: November 23, 2022 (7:00pm)
End Date: December 23, 2022 (8:30pm )
Cost: R450 per device
– California – United States
Spirituality is not a new-age concept. It is a fundamental part of our way of life. Our faith helps us develop in character, enlightenment, and spiritual growth.
In this workshop we will discuss how to achieve mindfulness, bridging the gap, and connect to our Creator in our daily lives.
We will also discuss some new age terms such as manifestation, our intuition, aura cleansing, and if these concepts exist in our deen.
The workshop will cover:
- Mind, body, and soul
- Stages of belief – Islam, Imaan, Ihsaan
- A look at the whole self
- Feeding the mind, body and soul
- Achieving Mindfulness in Islam
- Tests, Trials and Allah’s love
- How do we get our prayers answered?
- Soul, Spirit, and the heart
- Modes of attaining spiritual knowledge
- What is our ‘intuition’? And how does it help us?
- ‘Aura’ Cleansing
- Bridging the gap
- Connecting to Allah and setting up a routine
- Meditation in Islam: Tafakkur; Gratitude; Seclusion; Dhikr; Qur’an
- Using what we know about ourselves to increase our spiritual growth
4 Weeks – 7pm to 8.30pm
(Loadshedding dependant otherwise time will be shifted, and students will be notified)
Wednesdays from 23.11.2022
Age: 16+ (Males and Females)
Instructor: Mualima Zaitoon Ebrahim
Born and raised in Cape Town, Zaitoon Ebrahim is a motivational speaker, artist, mom of 2 boys, and author. She obtained bachelor’s degree in Islamic Theology at Islamic College of Southern Africa and started her career as an Islamic studies educator at Madrassatul Quds. During this time, she managed youth events with an NGO, facilitating events, camps and leadership training for adults and youth. Being involved with the youth, she also co-presented on radio Voice of the Cape for one year on the show, ‘For Young Individuals’. The key focus of this programme was to educate young individuals about entrepreneurship and personal growth.
In addition to this, she obtained a Diploma in Project Management, a diploma in Didactics and certification in Life Coaching, Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Therapeutic Art Coaching.
Platform: Zoom Meetings
Sessions are also recorded