Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem
This course aims to provide an introduction, at a basic level, to the fundamental beliefs that every Muslim must adhere to, in the face of the present-day onslaught of varied ideologies and beliefs. The course will start with an overview of True Faith, or Iman, followed by multiple lessons on Allah and His Attributes. In a refreshing, relevant, and easy-to-understand manner, the other fundamentals of faith, such as the belief in Prophets, Divine Books, Angels, Divine Decree, and the Last Day, will also be explored.
By taking this course, you will embark upon a journey to learn the necessary matters of religion that every Muslim is required to affirm and believe in wholeheartedly. The course is designed to help you develop an understanding of the true meaning of Tawhid (monotheism), as intended by the Shari’ah and explained by the Pious Predecessors (Salaf).
The course will cover such topics as:
- A basic introduction to the way of being that is Islam
- Who is Allah? What is He like? What can He do and what does He do?
- What are prophets and messengers? What function did they serve? Did they possess any distinguishing features? Tell us about some of the prophets and messengers.
- What is revelation? What has Allah revealed to man over the ages? What differentiates the Quran from all other revelations?
- What are angels? What purpose do they serve? Name some of the angels and their functions.
- What is The Final Day and what are its occurrences? Also what are the signs of The Hour?
- What is the nature of predestination and why do Muslims believe in it? What then is the function of human choice in a predetermined world?
Who is this course for?
- Males and Females: Youth to Older persons
- New Muslims (reverts)
- Non-Muslims – (interested in Islam)
- Born Muslims who need a refresher
- Those who want to return back to Allah SWT
- Those who want to make a change in their life
Instructor: Mualima Zaitoon Ebrahim
Born and raised in Cape Town, Zaitoon Ebrahim is a motivational speaker, artist, mom of 2 boys, and author. She obtained a bachelor’s degree in Islamic Theology at the Islamic College of Southern Africa. In addition to this, she obtained a Diploma in Project Management, a diploma in Didactics, and certification in Life Coaching, Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, and Therapeutic Art Coaching.
- Sunday Mornings for 4 weeks
- Starts 30th April 2023
- Ends 21st May 2023
- 9 am to 10.15 am
- Platform: Zoom Meetings
- Sessions are also recorded (Vieawble up to 1 month)
Investment: R250 per person
All course materials included and sent via WhatsApp and email
*Optional test will be provided which will allow you to receive a certificate