Understanding Islam & Muslim Culture
A course designed to develop intercultural and communication competency skills
Participation will help promote community cohesion and understanding between the non-Muslim and Muslim communities and equip delegates with the skills, knowledge, and understanding of Islam and Muslim Culture in a peaceful environment.
Venue: Zakariya Mosque, 167 Agbrigg Road, Wakefield. WF1 5BN
Date: Thursday 8 June 2023 Time: 9:30am to 4.00pm
The course is delivered by Kaushar Tai, Management and Training Consultant, and is open to all staff at SWYPT who wishes to learn more about Islam & Muslim culture
• A better understanding of the basic beliefs & practices of Islam.
• An understanding of the background of Muslim communities in Britain.
• Clarity in understanding what is Islam and what is not.
• The meaning of Sharia Law.
• A deeper understanding of the status of women in Islam.
• Insights into what actually happens inside a Mosque.
• An understanding of the Muslim understanding and response to mental illness.
• An opportunity to observe the afternoon prayer – live!
This course is free for SWYPT staff. Lunch, refreshments, and training materials will be provided.
To register your place at: https://ic080623.eventbrite.co.uk
This course offers an exploratory learning space where a questioning approach is encouraged.
For further information please contact Claire Ludwell at: [email protected] Tel: 01924 316282
Aksaa is a Registered and Accredited Learning Centre for CPD – Continuous Professional Development
A certificate will be issued after the course
If you require Aksaa to deliver an in-house course or a ‘specialised’ course specifically for your organisation, then please contact above or email: [email protected] to discuss your requirements.