Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu,
Welcome to our weekly 45-minute Dhikr, Madeeh, and Salawat session scheduled every Thursday at 6:30 PM ( CST) to honor our beloved Prophet ﷺ and seek peace for our hearts.
- Dhikr, or the remembrance of Allah, is an important part of Islamic spirituality, taking many forms, including reciting verses from the Quran, repeating the names of Allah, or invoking blessings upon the Prophet ﷺ.
- Salawat, or sending blessings upon the Prophet ﷺ, is a specific form of Thikr that involves reciting phrases such as “Allahumma salli ala Muhammadin wa ala aali Muhammadin kama sallayta ala Ibraheema wa ala aali Ibraheema innaka hameedun majeed” (O Allah, send blessings upon Muhammad and the family of Muhammad as You sent blessings upon Ibrahim and the family of Ibrahim, verily You are Praiseworthy and Glorious).
- Nasheed, also known as Madih, is an Arabic word that means praise. In Islamic culture, it refers to the act of praising Allah or His Messenger, Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), through poetry or song. Madeeh can also refer to the poetry or song itself. Madeeh is considered a form of Thikr, remembrance of Allah, and a way to express love and devotion to Allah and His Messenger.
Here is an overview of our session:
- We will begin this spiritual practice by renewing our intention and focusing our heart and mind on Allah, our creator and sustainer.
- It is highly recommended to watch it on your TV via YouTube to enjoy the 4K resolution and HD Audio.
- We will begin with a brief prayer, asking Allah to bless our session and help us draw closer to Him and His Prophet ﷺ.
- We will recite authentic Athkaar and verses from the Quran, such as Ayatul Kursi, Surah Al-Ikhlas, Surah Al Falaq, Surah Al Nas, and Evening Athkaar.
- After Athkaar, we will move on to the Nasheed part by singing famous poets to draw closer to Allah and to express gratitude for His blessings, as well as to honor the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and to seek his intercession with Allah.
- The last part of our session will be Salawat, where we recite phrases such as “Allahumma salli ala Muhammadin wa ala aali Muhammadin” or “Salla Allahu alayhi wa sallam” (peace be upon him).
- After a few minutes of Salawat, we will end our session with a brief Duaa (Prayer) of gratitude, thanking Allah for His blessings and guidance, and asking Him to continue to guide and bless you in your life.
- When the live stream ends, you may take some time to reflect on your feelings and thoughts or ask Allah for any blessings or forgiveness you may need.
Let us approach our Thikr and Salawat with sincerity and devotion, focusing on the love and connection that it brings to our hearts.
May Allah bless you and guide you always, and may the peace and blessings of our beloved Prophet ﷺ be upon you.