To have a better understanding of the blue economy as one of the Islamic capital market fundraising instruments. Creating blue Sukuk will not only help to ensure protection and sustainable use of oceans through investment in the blue economy but also help to build ocean resilience. Although relatively new, it has created much interest in blue financing which is needed for coastal areas that rely heavily on the ocean for food security, tourism, and livelihoods. This session will also explore the overall role of the Islamic fintech landscape that can play a vital role in assisting this sustainable agenda as well as identifying opportunities that can support the SDGs.
Outcome & Key Takeaways
- Insights into the importance of a strong legal and regulatory framework, and how to best manage ESG to attract environmentally conscious investors to put their money where their values are.
- Perspectives on commitment from relevant stakeholders in ensuring the protection of marine biodiversity while still maintaining business profitability.
- Current market trends and assets under management (AUM).
- How to attract more institutional investors.
- Opportunities and potential for blue Sukuk in the Asian region.
Environmentalists, fintech practitioners, Islamic Finance practitioners, academia, marine conservation organizations, NGOs, Bankers, governments, regulators, state government agencies, economists, accountants.
*An e-Certificate of participation will be given to attendees (upon request) at the end of the session.